Tuesday 1 November 2011

Mascara Brand of 2011: Maybelline

This year I've been on a serious hunt for the best mascara! As with so many beauty products, I struggle to find one that does what I want it to and then lasts all day long!


I also have quite a major issue with all these beauty brands who advertise using celebrities who a) clearly don't even use their products and b) have false eyelashes/airbrushing etc in order to create the advert we see! It makes me angry, yet, when I see a gorgeous model in a beautifully shiny advert telling me that I too can look like her....I am tempted to buy the product! I know I shouldn't be, but I literally can't help myself!


I was lucky enough to receive a couple of Maybelline mascaras this year allowing me to try before I buy. 


For me, this has got to be my Mascara Brand of 2011.  I've tried 4 different products of Maybelline:


1. Volum' Express One by One
2. Volum' Express The Falsies
3. Volum' Express The Colossal
4. Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes



This mascara has a patented exclusive brush "The Lash Catcher" which captures, coats and cleans every single lash for big, clean volume from root to tip. It also has a conditioning formula with Vitamin C (*derivative) which claims to leave your lashes so smooth they won't stick together. States up to 4x more volume.


This is my favourite of the 4 mascaras listed here.  It really does separate your lashes and won't leave them clumpy.  Left me with dark, lengthened and volumised lashes!






Volum' Express® The Falsies™Mascara
This mascara has a patented spoon brush which fans out lashes from corner to corner.  It has a Pro-Keratin formula which will help to build up to 3x more volume.


I like this mascara, but I don't think it lives up to its name of false lash glam in a tube! The volume ability of this mascara isn't as good as the others in my opinion, but can be built up with reapplication - but don't let it dry between coats or lashes go clumpy and hard! I love the spoon brush of this mascara, it really does make application easier and helps catch every lash!






This mascara has a Mega Brush and collagen-enriched plumping formula allowing you to build up to 7x more volume.


This is probably my least favourite, but probably because I don't like to keep applying to build up volume.  If you're happy to keep applying to build up your desired look, it's fine but if your looking for a quick fix, then it's just like any standard mascara in my opinion.




This mascara has a collagen enriched formula and unique 'claw' brush which flicks out and extends the look of lashes at the corner giving a fierce look with up to 7x more volume.


I really like this mascara, however, I'd have to disagree with the 7x more volume! For me, One by One provides more volume than this on first application! The slightly curved brush is perfect for catching all the lashes, it doesn't flake off during the day and you can keep reapplying to get your desired look - just don't let it dry between coats!


If you've got any mascara recommendations, I'd love to hear them! Or if you've tried any of these products, let me know what your experience has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment